August 22–24, 2017 at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
Journey to Wholeness: How to Support the Body, Mind, and Spirit
For all levels.
Yoga philosophy describes our five bodies: physical, energetic, mental, wisdom, and bliss. To experience health and enduring youthfulness, we must feel balanced in all these aspects of who we are. This workshop uses lecture, discussion, meditation, guided deep relaxation, and gentle yoga to teach ways of creating health in the body and tapping into our natural healing potential.
In this weekend, you learn
- Simple dietary changes that can have a profound impact on health
- Optimal foods and nutrients for health and vitality
- How to meditate and de-stress the mind
- Keys to hormonal balance
- Yoga postures to release tension
- To make choices from a place of wisdom and inner guidance
- How to connect to bliss, joy, ease, creativity, love, and spaciousness.
This program offers practical tools to address weight issues, migraines, chronic pain, digestive problems, sleeplessness, mood swings, memory loss, heart disease, cancer, and more. Come focus on the journey to wholeness.
Recommended reading Mark Hyman, UltraPrevention (Atria Books) and The Blood Sugar Solution (Little, Brown); Heidi E. Spear, The Everything Guide to Chakra Healing (Adams Media).
This program is eligible for
- 8.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
To register, visit kripalu.org or call 800.741.7353.
The Yoga of Shakespeare: To Thine Own Self Be True
For all levels.
Shakespeare brings to light common patterns of human nature and spiritual inquiry that match teachings in revered yogic, Buddhist, and Zen texts. He wrote, “To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.” This oft-quoted line will be a foundation of the weekend—tapping into who you truly are and the courage to be fully expressed in the world.
Shakespeare’s stories and the words of ancient masters encourage us to live in the moment, take time for self-inquiry, and see life as it is. In this workshop you will
- Delve into the wisdom that makes Shakespeare’s plays relevant today
- Expand your understanding of the history and meaning of yoga to bring balance and ease into your life
- Experience yoga nidra to quiet the mind’s chatter and access deep levels of awareness
- Use basic chakra theory to free energetic blockages
- Take home a simple meditation practice to reveal your own genius.
Through Shakespeare’s work, Zen stories, meditation, and yoga, you will discover your own wellspring of inspiration, well-being, and joy.
Visit Kripalu.org to find out more about my upcoming programs.
Other Workshops I lead include:
The Yoga of Shakespeare
The Legacy of Labyrinths
Chakras and the Law of Attraction
Yoga in a Moment
To book a workshop, contact me at Heidi@HeidiSpear.com